Sunday, July 14, 2013

Midterm Meetings -text heavy- *Updated~!*

Midterm meeting on the double? I have already had one meeting before, but I didn't know I was going to have two meetings.
The first meeting was with my program, London S.A.E. The next meeting will be with my visa sponsor BUNAC because they are responsible for me just as much as London S.A.E is, I will most likely update this post when the meeting does happen.


The meeting was short and simple, it was more of my boss and the director of the program talking more than me which I didn't have a problem with because I understand what is going on (so far) at my job so what my boss said I agreed with and spoke up when I needed to say something or correct them.

The midterm party happened later the same day of my midterm review, truth be told I really didn't want to go. I noticed that I've been really anti-social here not really talking to my roommates, or people and just thinking about going to a party to meet other people who have been here since the beginning (of the summer term, first week in June) turned me off completely.  I just wasn't interested in meeting other people...maybe my iron levels are low are something because my motivation to do things is really low.

After the meeting, the most recent post, and the party, I've started thinking about my internship and what I've actually done. It's been mostly assisting with a little bit of marketing research, truthfully I think I'm noticing more things about myself more than my internship, unfortunately. Each week there is something different, but not enough time to do everything that I need to do for my internship. Visiting sites, and responding to emails etc.

I think I have more to think about as I wait for my next meeting with BUNAC.

 ~~UPDATED!!~~

With the recent meeting with BUNAC I felt a little on edge, not angry or anything like that, more of just worried. Nothing bad happened at the meeting it's just the realization of me returning home soon and having to put together a binder with everything that I've done at my internship. I have tones of information and obviously experience, it's just that I'm not for sure how I'm supposed to put it together and it also takes me time to write papers.

Anyways BUNAC meeting. It was simple and short, my lovely interviewer Emma asked me general questions about my internship, what have a I done, some history about the company, Do I like it etc. I did tell her the things that I didn't like about my internship and general experience. I didn't like where I was staying, of course. The conditions of the place isn't the greatest and basic things like a convenience store, a proper grocery store or even restaurants are near you have to walk at least 15-20 minutes to go to anything of the sort. It's kinda a hassle and it reminds me of Japan and the 'grocery getter' bike.

Also she asked if I experienced anything that made an impact on me, and I told her I don't think I've experienced it yet.

 I also mentioned how I would have liked for more structure in a company, I know it's a small business and it's slowly growing but having a central place to work and have resources from is a must. Now I'm not for sure if that's my American biased mind saying that, but that's a basic right? I felt like everything was more of quick thinking and "go with the flow", which I adapted to but having to work with children right away when there was nothing in your internship plan to do so upsets things a bit ( Mostly my clothes and my dislike of children ).

I could probably rant for a while, which I might do when I return, but all of this stemmed from the meeting with BUNAC. As more time passes I'm starting to acknowledge things that I've put in the back of my mind because I didn't want to deal with them ( which I need to stop doing ). Time to do some more sight seeing, researching, and thinking!

1 comment: